My novel, The Lives of Things, is a work of fiction. Sometimes life is even stranger than fiction. Looking back, I try to make meaning out of events that happened when I was too young to understand them. So my recollections are a form of creation—not untrue, but definitely shaped to make them fit with how I see the story of my life.
Below is some information and links to my non-fiction essays and articles that have been published. Do check back to this page, as I will keep adding new ones.
- “Increasing the Number of Illegal Immigrants” for the anthology Celebrating Animal Rescue by Splattered Ink Press
- “From Music to Monarchs: The Spontaneous Magic of San Miguel de Allende” published in the July 2014 issue of Still Crazy
- “A life Too Red: Flirting with a Dangerous Color” for Tue/Night
- “Keeping Score” for Persimmon Tree
- “The Enduring Impact of a Famous Man” for The Feathered Flounder